Assistant ControllerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Ogden UtahSalary: $90K-$110K plus bonus
- Assists the Division Controller with accounting processes including all general ledger journal entries, reconciliations, monthly financial statement preparation and transmission to the Barnes Group Corporate Office.
- Responsible for the development and monthly monitoring of controllable expense analyses to help drive cost reduction.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory accounting. Works with operations to optimize inventory levels. Assists Division Controller with maintaining appropriate Inventory Valuation Reserves.
- Support annual physical inventory and cycle counting requirements.
- Responsible for the accounting of Property, Plant, Equipment, and Tooling.
- Assist in preparing and tracking Capital Asset Requisition Request (CAAR).
- Assist with SOX 404 audits by Internal and External auditors, as well as corporate finance reviews.
- Coordinate the divisions review and processing of accounts receivables and work with shared services/contracts to help ensure timely collection of cash from customers.
- Prepares periodic rebate and commission calculations, as well as, state and local tax filings.
- Performs various financial analyses and ad hoc projects as requested from Operations, Group, and Corporate management.
- Assists division controller in reviewing/approving payrolls.
- Develop processes to support and integrate an international satellite facility.
- Five to seven years of related financial experience in public or private accounting.
- Demonstrated progressive career development with increasing responsibilities, with an emphasis in manufacturing.
- Strong cost accounting knowledge and experience.
- Ability to identify, assemble and lead necessary employees with cost improvement initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, personnel, customers and other professionals.
- Ability to organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks and functions. This includes planning of workflow and meetings.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Syteline/ERP experience preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Production Supervisor (2nd shift)Start Date: 11/01/2018Location: West Chester, OHSalary: $65K-72K
- Lead and direct the employees, including performance management and selection of prospective employees.
- Responsible of areas; to include overtime, consumable spending, delivery metrics, capacity planning, risk assessment, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Meet or exceed production and quality requirements for the business.
- Champion principles of Lean Manufacturing and Lean Business Practices in all areas of operation.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment. Insure equipment is operated and maintained per TPM specifications.
- Anticipate and trouble shoot problems with orders and/or equipment. Collaborate with other departments for resolution.
- Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed, including safety and housekeeping.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a supervisory or lead position. Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the production floor with customer requirements and management expectations.
- Ability to anticipate problems, and an eagerness to resolve the problems based on what is best for the customer and the division.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Acts with integrity and the highest ethical behavior.
- Balances consistency with flexibility and willing to change ideas in the face of new information.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
BA or BS in Engineering preferred; or equivalent work experience
Contracts ManagerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Lansing MI & Ogden UtahSalary: $90K-$120K plus bonus
- Manages execution of daily contract review, new order entry, contract administration, contract negotiation, and RFQ/Quoting/Proposal activity through the contract’s life cycle.
- Lead contract interpretation, discussion, and drafting and negotiation activity for all opportunities both new and legacy for the respective division.
- Review POs, contracts, LTA (long term agreement) documents for new orders and issue discrepancy letters to customers for any items on PO’s not meeting quote or agreement.
- Disseminate contract requirements, deliverables, terms and conditions, and guidance to functional areas.
- Oversee the review and analysis of the Contract Administrator’s daily activities including but not limited to: customer schedule changes to understand impact to sales plan and operations; coordinate and submit any pricing changes required by customer changes.
- Implement initiatives to meet all federal statutory and regulatory requirements and Barnes policies regarding export compliance and federal acquisitions. Ensure small business plans and reporting is completed as required.
- Serve as Division Export Compliance Administrator (DECA). Administer all export activity (both Defense and Commercial) to include: training, shipping, contract review, license and agreement preparation and submittal and, foreign visitor screening and employment plans. Ensure that any export compliance issues are addressed during the quoting process to customers.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for divisional and group initiatives as required including orders and sales forecasting, quote activity and approvals, negotiation progress, etc. Generate and maintain customer satisfaction metrics for the respective division.
- Coordinate with Division management and operations personnel on the execution of monthly sales plan and its impact on customer requirements.
- Own backlog validity and integrity in compliance with SEC and BGI policy and guidelines. Conduct analysis of backlog to ensure that configuration changes are handled timely and accurately to reflect the actual backlog.
- Compile data to capture outstanding monies from customers when termination occurs in conjunction with the Sales and Division Manager’s termination negotiations.
- Manage Commercial Excellence process in all aspects of the quote and contract life cycle.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in contract management and negotiation related position, preferably in an Aerospace environment.
- Contracts experience with commercial, international and direct and indirect government contracts. Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, ITAR/EAR.
- Team-oriented leadership skills with previous supervisory experience a must.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface and tailor messaging with and for all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity of lean process management to enable continuous improvement.
- Understanding of bid and contract language and standard procedures.
- B.S. degree in related business or technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
2nd shift Lead CNC MachinistStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Southington, CTSalary: $25/hr to $32/hr
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
- Set Up and operates CNC Milling machines and related equipment where programs, fixtures, and methods have been developed.
- Makes work assignments and instructs, trains and directs operators in the area. Assures operators maintain acceptable quality and quantity levels.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of feeds and speeds as well as cutting tools and their application.
- Provides technical guidance and troubleshoots processes and operations to improve productivity and quality.
- Inspects work for all dimensional features as required.
- Responsible for accurately completing paperwork relating to counts, scrap, time, etc. according to Company policy
- Maintains area, equipment and tooling in a neat, orderly condition including operator maintenance sheets.
- Observes all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security.
- Directs team towards company goals.
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience as a Milling CNC operator.
- Must have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good communication and organizing skills
Quality ManagerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: SouthingtonSalary: $90K-$120K
- Identify and/or lead initiatives to continuously improve delivered product quality..
- Identify and/or lead initiatives to continuously improve Quality System compliance and efficiency.
- Manage and continuously improve workforce development initiatives that provide both technical and general management development training.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Maintain ISO and other required quality certifications.
- Develop budgets for departmental expenses and capital equipment; ensure that departmental expenditures match or are favorable to the annual departmental budget
B.S. degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineering desired.
Minimum 7 -10 years related experience required.
Supervisory / Management experience.
Knowledge of Quality Engineering inspection methods.
Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
Computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Internet applications).
Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques knowledge preferred
Product Line ManagerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Westfield, MASalary: $90K-$120K plus bonus
Summary: This position is responsible for leading and developing people, processes and systems that ensure the highest safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency standards are achieved by applying Lean Manufacturing principles and tools. Seeking a motivated individual who is a leader and able to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall direction to a highly skilled workforce, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts guided by business objectives.
2. Develop, train and involve employees in maintaining and improving safety, efficiency, productivity, quality, cooperation and morale.
3. Model workplace expectations and coach employees to meet the same level of expectations in a respectful manner.
4. Applies Lean Manufacturing principles and tools to achieve sustainable improvements in safety, quality, production and cost reduction.
5. Drive innovation and manage change by communicating key business initiatives and by involving, engaging and motivating employees.
6. Review customer demand and production schedules to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints. Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
7. Maintains positive employee relations, addressing and resolving problems in a timely manner.
8. Continuously seeks to improve organizational effectiveness through the assessment, selection and development of talent.
9. Prepare and maintain production reports, capacity plans, and performance metrics.
• Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or equivalent manufacturing experience
• Master’s degree preferred
• 3+ years of operations experience as a shop supervisor or cell leader
• Clear, concise and effective communicator
• Experience working with all levels of management
• Highly self-directed and results driven
• Computer proficiency in Excel a plus
Machinists, Inspectors, NDT Techs, Deburring OperatorsStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Westfield, MA
Growing Aerospace Company looking to fill multiple openings. These are all Direct Hire positions. They have openings on the 1st and 2nd shift as well as Weekend Shifts. If you are looking to join a company that can give you the opportunity to work with a team of skilled professionals, state of the art machinery, aerospace-grade materials, and cutting edge technology please send your resume for consideration.
Burr Hand Operators
CMM ProgrammerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Southington, CT
- Develop inspection strategy for high precision aerospace components to ensure compliance with engineering requirements.
- Create and modify CMM off-line program utilizing PC-DMIS.
- Output and edit output code to run automatically on requested CMM.
- Create setup and supporting documentation to adequately instruct factory personnel on the loading and execution of automated inspection programs.
- Organize and plan work effectively to produce output according to budget and schedule constraints.
- Troubleshoot programming result errors and work holding issues with production personnel to optimize automated inspection results.
There are 8 jobs available.