Contracts ManagerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Lansing MI & Ogden UtahSalary: $90K-$120K plus bonus
- Manages execution of daily contract review, new order entry, contract administration, contract negotiation, and RFQ/Quoting/Proposal activity through the contract’s life cycle.
- Lead contract interpretation, discussion, and drafting and negotiation activity for all opportunities both new and legacy for the respective division.
- Review POs, contracts, LTA (long term agreement) documents for new orders and issue discrepancy letters to customers for any items on PO’s not meeting quote or agreement.
- Disseminate contract requirements, deliverables, terms and conditions, and guidance to functional areas.
- Oversee the review and analysis of the Contract Administrator’s daily activities including but not limited to: customer schedule changes to understand impact to sales plan and operations; coordinate and submit any pricing changes required by customer changes.
- Implement initiatives to meet all federal statutory and regulatory requirements and Barnes policies regarding export compliance and federal acquisitions. Ensure small business plans and reporting is completed as required.
- Serve as Division Export Compliance Administrator (DECA). Administer all export activity (both Defense and Commercial) to include: training, shipping, contract review, license and agreement preparation and submittal and, foreign visitor screening and employment plans. Ensure that any export compliance issues are addressed during the quoting process to customers.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for divisional and group initiatives as required including orders and sales forecasting, quote activity and approvals, negotiation progress, etc. Generate and maintain customer satisfaction metrics for the respective division.
- Coordinate with Division management and operations personnel on the execution of monthly sales plan and its impact on customer requirements.
- Own backlog validity and integrity in compliance with SEC and BGI policy and guidelines. Conduct analysis of backlog to ensure that configuration changes are handled timely and accurately to reflect the actual backlog.
- Compile data to capture outstanding monies from customers when termination occurs in conjunction with the Sales and Division Manager’s termination negotiations.
- Manage Commercial Excellence process in all aspects of the quote and contract life cycle.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in contract management and negotiation related position, preferably in an Aerospace environment.
- Contracts experience with commercial, international and direct and indirect government contracts. Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, ITAR/EAR.
- Team-oriented leadership skills with previous supervisory experience a must.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface and tailor messaging with and for all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity of lean process management to enable continuous improvement.
- Understanding of bid and contract language and standard procedures.
- B.S. degree in related business or technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.