Product Line ManagerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Westfield, MASalary: $90K-$120K plus bonus
Summary: This position is responsible for leading and developing people, processes and systems that ensure the highest safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency standards are achieved by applying Lean Manufacturing principles and tools. Seeking a motivated individual who is a leader and able to deliver results in a manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall direction to a highly skilled workforce, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts guided by business objectives.
2. Develop, train and involve employees in maintaining and improving safety, efficiency, productivity, quality, cooperation and morale.
3. Model workplace expectations and coach employees to meet the same level of expectations in a respectful manner.
4. Applies Lean Manufacturing principles and tools to achieve sustainable improvements in safety, quality, production and cost reduction.
5. Drive innovation and manage change by communicating key business initiatives and by involving, engaging and motivating employees.
6. Review customer demand and production schedules to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints. Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
7. Maintains positive employee relations, addressing and resolving problems in a timely manner.
8. Continuously seeks to improve organizational effectiveness through the assessment, selection and development of talent.
9. Prepare and maintain production reports, capacity plans, and performance metrics.
• Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or equivalent manufacturing experience
• Master’s degree preferred
• 3+ years of operations experience as a shop supervisor or cell leader
• Clear, concise and effective communicator
• Experience working with all levels of management
• Highly self-directed and results driven
• Computer proficiency in Excel a plus