Assistant ControllerStart Date: 11/01/2018Location: Ogden UtahSalary: $90K-$110K plus bonus
- Assists the Division Controller with accounting processes including all general ledger journal entries, reconciliations, monthly financial statement preparation and transmission to the Barnes Group Corporate Office.
- Responsible for the development and monthly monitoring of controllable expense analyses to help drive cost reduction.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory accounting. Works with operations to optimize inventory levels. Assists Division Controller with maintaining appropriate Inventory Valuation Reserves.
- Support annual physical inventory and cycle counting requirements.
- Responsible for the accounting of Property, Plant, Equipment, and Tooling.
- Assist in preparing and tracking Capital Asset Requisition Request (CAAR).
- Assist with SOX 404 audits by Internal and External auditors, as well as corporate finance reviews.
- Coordinate the divisions review and processing of accounts receivables and work with shared services/contracts to help ensure timely collection of cash from customers.
- Prepares periodic rebate and commission calculations, as well as, state and local tax filings.
- Performs various financial analyses and ad hoc projects as requested from Operations, Group, and Corporate management.
- Assists division controller in reviewing/approving payrolls.
- Develop processes to support and integrate an international satellite facility.
- Five to seven years of related financial experience in public or private accounting.
- Demonstrated progressive career development with increasing responsibilities, with an emphasis in manufacturing.
- Strong cost accounting knowledge and experience.
- Ability to identify, assemble and lead necessary employees with cost improvement initiatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels of management, personnel, customers and other professionals.
- Ability to organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks and functions. This includes planning of workflow and meetings.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Syteline/ERP experience preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.